söndag 29 maj 2011

Another sunday, another Kool Moe Dee video

I still remember tapeing my first proper rap-tape that I had taped off the radio back in 1987, after my young mind had gained more understanding of what rapping was about as I had just moved houses with my family and around that time (maybe just afterwards, when I got my commodore 64) gotten a TV in my room with cable channels with a lot of hip hop content like MTV, sky, super channel, and french TV5. I say first proper rap-tape as the tapes I before that had all been breaking-tapes, with anything that was popular to break to.

If I've ever had a life changing tape, that's the one, and Ive still got it after all these years too. The sound quality is all muddled and hissy after endless plays for years and years, but it's still around. And this is the song that I most clearly remember being my favourite for a while, as I also remember it being my favourite song in general a couple of years later when I was about 10. Even though I'm pretty sure 'peter piper' was my favourite on the tape for a while as well, 'paid in full' was just incredible, and 'rock the bells' (live at the def jam tour) was insane too! It's funny how those three are all concidered bigger classics than the Kool Moe Dee song nowadays.. Better remembered, and more often spoken of anyway.

So here it is, another sunday Kool Moe Dee video. BTW check out T la rock intimide that sucker MC at 1:26 :D


Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar